2016 Home Design Trends
With the investment of renovation and redecoration, it is crucial to find timeless looks that express your style in a realistic way. 2016 is the year to bring back essential top trends for your home.
- Patterned Pops: Print objects spice up solids and
minimalism design. You can use a patterned
couch as a big
statement in a neutral room. If you want something more subdued,
use a patterned curtain over wood windows to create a tasteful
accent. Fabric wall art is also becoming quite popular,
another exciting route for pattern inspiration.
- Mismatched and Moveable: If you are feeling bored of
the design in your spaces, try changing the
placement of pieces you already have from different rooms around your home.
materials are a huge trend
this year. Match your modern minimalism pieces in a room with rustic wood windows
and floors for a revitalizing renovation on a low
- Mid-Century to Millennial: Arcs are on the rise from the past. Add the mid-century
feel using interior design pieces,
like tables and chairs. Feeling daring? Buy
arced wood windows to go the extra mile for the eclectic and fun trend.
- Neutral is Now: Creams, greys, blacks, alabasters and ivories are the
trend this year. Keep your home calm and collected with soft
tones of organic
colors. If you think neutral color schemes
are blah, think again. Add some appeal
with neutral tiles, pillows or flowers. Painting a wooden window black in an all-white room is also a large
statement this year.
- Optimize and Open: It is the year to get rid of the clutter. An open space is a must to unwind and breathe in your living area. Whether you are overlooking a city or the countryside, large windows will permit natural light, and less walls will give you an open feel to your space. Emphasize minimalism and tech-less areas; instead, filling your space with peaceful pieces.
We can turn the 2016 trends into a reality for your home, crafted to fit your desires perfectly. We can help you figure out your window and door needs to complement these 2016 trends. Simply contact Pella Windows and Doors at 270-684-3028 or come to our Owensboro showroom to see how we can help fix you up with this year’s trends.