How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Owensboro
Fall is upon us in Owensboro, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Owensboro a call at 270-684-3028 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!