How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Owensboro
Fall is just around the corner in Owensboro, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Owensboro a call at 270-684-3028 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!