Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a great way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 270-684-3028, check out our Owensboro showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.