Looking for New Windows in Your Owensboro, KY Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When shopping for windows for your restoration or new construction project, you obviously want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. ponder the number of choices, think about these facts:
- Windows can affect the interior and exterior look and feel of your Owensboro area home.
- Your window choice can make a measureable difference in your overall level of comfort and energy consumption.
- The construction of your windows can have a healthy impact on the long-term value of your Owensboro area residence if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to review the style and function options available, you will be happy with your purchase and love the pleasure of gazing through your new windows for decades.
What questions should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Owensboro home?
- What do they look like? Consider the fact that your family and guests are going to view your replacement windows most often from the interior of your house, not standing outside of it. Stand inside and study the view carefully; does the style, color and type of opening (crank shaft or sliding) work with your home’s interior? Will you be able to easily open the window for cleaning? Can light flow into the home? And don’t forget to stand outside from multiple viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering works with the overall façade of your Owensboro home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Understand the facts relating to your windows that impact their energy efficiency. Specifics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values grade the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify ratings of efficiency as you conduct your research to help reduce heating and cooling expenses and maximize your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to open and close your choice of window before you buy it. Can you open or shut the window easily? Is the window accessible enough to clean inside and out? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be a means of exit in case of fire, be certain it opens easily and provides an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? Installing your windows is either blended with the overall purchase price or calls for an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How will you maintain your windows? The weather in the Owensboro area varies often. Outdoor elements such as wind, rain and snow can impact the appearance of your windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What choices do you have for color or hardware? The color you select can reflect your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Owensboro home. Some window producers offer few exterior color choices. Figure out what color schemes are in place for the windows you want. In addition, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- How much will you pay? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. Shop around and compare. Price should be a factor, but not the only factor.
We invite you to visit Pella at the Owensboro area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 270-684-3028.