Cooler temps are heading our way in Owensboro and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Owensboro winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Owensboro experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Owensboro.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Owensboro a call at 270-684-3028 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.