The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the host of styles and colors we carry, you can uncover a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design needs.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a couple positives of window grilles, let’s check out the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles can obstruct their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that typically cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are typically more expensive than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles may be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re looking for. Of course, with the variety of products available, we suggest coming by our Owensboro showroom, giving us a call at 270-684-3028 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.