Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Owensboro home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are ready to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other out dated features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Owensboro, give them a call at 270-684-3028 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.