Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your home. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something bright to express your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are a few tips to gussy up your windows.
- To establish a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try changing out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having issues finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking at tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and classy look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.